The Active Directory application is designed to be used for synchronization of the users and groups from XWiki and Active Directory server. With this application, users will be able to authenticate on XWiki using the credentials from Active Directory server instead of creating new XWiki accounts.
UI Administration page
In order to access the Active Directory UI, go to Administration and look in the Application category.
The Check connection button helps to check in real time that the authentication credentials are correct.
|Active Directory server address||The address of the Active Directory server||127.0.0.1|
|Active Directory server port||The port of the Active Directory server||389|
|Active Directory server login matching||The full Distinguish Name (dn) of the Active Directory user. E.g: cn=Admin,cn=Users,dc=local||N/A|
|Active Directory password matching||The password of the login matching||N/A|
The Active Directory application comes with a set of default values configured, so the user only needs to specify the Base DN and the setup is done.
|Active Directory Base DN||The Base DN is the root of the tree where the server performs the search. E.g: dc=local||N/A|
In order to provide a custom configuration to the application, click on Show Advanced Configuration and start exploring all the available options.
|Enable the Active Directory authentification||If enabled and configured properly, a local user will be created whenever an Active Directory user visit this wiki for the first time||Yes|
|Active Directory UID attribute name||Specifies the Active Directory attribute containing the identifier to be used as the XWiki user name.||sAMAccountName|
|Active Directory user fields mapping||Specifies the Active Directory attribute that contains the photo image. ||last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,|
|Active Directory groups mapping||Map an Active Directory group to a XWiki group. E.g: XWiki.XWikiAdminGroup->cn=Admin,ou=Groups,dc=local||N/A|
|Restrict to group||Only the members of the following Active Directory group can authenticate. If you leave empty, all the users from the Base DN will be verified. E.g: cn=Devs,ou=Grups,dc=local||N/A|
|Active Directory group to exclude||The users that are member of the following group can't authenticate. E.g: cn=Designers,ou=Grups,dc=local||N/A|
|Try local login||If Active Directory authentication fails for any reason, try XWiki DB authentication with the same credentials||Yes|
|Update user from Active Directory after login||If 'Yes', update the mapped attributes from Active Directory to XWiki on every login, else the mapping will be updated only when the user is created.||Yes|
|Update user photo from LDAP||If 'Yes', the XWiki avatar will be synchronized with the Active Directory on every login, else the photo will not be updated.||No|
|Active Directory groups cache expiration||Time in seconds after which the list of members in a group is refreshed from Active Directory.||21600 (6 hours)|
|When to synchronize the Active Directory groups||Synchronize groups at creation or always (at each authentication of a user).||Always|
In order to install this paying extension, follow these steps inside your XWiki instance:
In the Applications Panel click on "More Applications..." and then "Install new applications...". Alternatively navigate directly to the Administration and select the "Extensions" section.
Search and locate the Extension to install
Navigate to the "Licenses" section of the Administration, fill your details and click the buttons to get a trial license or buy a License.
If you have selected a Trial license then you're good and there's nothing else to do. You trial license is automatically installed.
However if you've selected to Buy a license, you'll be redirected to a page to perform the buying and at the end of this process you'll receive a license, which you'll need to paste in the text area as shown in the following screenshot, and then click the "Add License" button.
Start using the Extension! Refer to the Extension's description to know how to use it.
Installing in subwikis
Each (sub)wiki can have its own UI for configuring LDAP and thus it's possible to have different settings per wiki. The only restriction is that the Active Directory application must be installed first in the main wiki before it can be installed in other subwikis.
This application costs 99 euros/year and you get the following:
By purchasing an XWiki Application License, you'll benefit from it during one year.
You benefit from all the application updates during one year. You are always up to date.
If you are facing an issue, you can reach the XWiki support. Our team is always available to help.
- If you are in the EU and have a VAT number there is no VAT to add to the price
- If you are in the EU and don't have a VAT number there is the VAT of your country to add to the price
- If you are outside the EU there is no VAT to add to the price
To buy, install this extension from inside your XWiki instance and follow the instructions.
- Update the Licensor dependency to fix another issue when getting a license
- Update the Licensor dependency to fix an issue when getting a license
- Update the Ldap dependency to benefit of latest fixes from 2.9 to 2.9.4. See LDAP Release Notes
- * Update the Licensor dependency to fix an issue when upgrading Extensions
- Provide default values for existing properties
- Mark in the UI the default values that will be used
- Set the sAMAccountName as default uid attribute name
- Map by default all the AD attributes that are matching an XWiki user property
- Simplify the UI by splitting the Configuration into simple and advanced
- The following translations have been updated:
- Introduced the Check connection button for live validation of authentication credentials.
- Enable the AD Authenticator automatically and without editing xwiki.cfg
- Enable local users by default when AD is active
- GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1
- Requires XWiki 8.4 or above.
- com.xwiki.activedirectory:application-activedirectory-main 1.2.3
- org.xwiki.rendering:xwiki-rendering-macro-message 8.4
- org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-include 8.4
- org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-velocity 8.4